Re: [MV] M-38 engine ID +

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:17:43 -0400

>A friend says he has a spare M-38 block but how do I identify a real M-38
>block? Where there VIN #'s on the blocks? Where?

If it's a M-38 block the motor number will start with MC-xxxxxxx. It
will be located just over the water pump on the front of the block.

>Can you recommend a reference book and where to buy it?

Portrayal Press has excellent reproduction manuals for this jeep. I
may have an extra original TM in the stacks of manuals here. Contact me off
list on this.

Jim
"Considered too dangerous to be allowed to run for the MVPA board"