Re: [MV] Moron Alert!

Roger and Marie Roy (rroy@netspeed.com.au)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:16:09 +1000

Guys,

> >He assures me that there could possibly be a
> >"shoot first, ask questions later scenario"
>
> I find this worrisome... are the law-enforcement personnel you describe so
> afraid that they would start firing their weapon at someone who (A) is not
> threatening them and (B) has something mounted on their vehicle that merely
> looks like a weapon? If they are that insecure they should be in another
> line of work.

I guess I should reply as an ex Police officer (15 years) If I saw anything
like this approaching a place like this I would first wonder what it was doing
there (a fool would ignore it). If I saw a weapon of this type fitted I would
be nervous as I have no wish to die young . Would I draw my weapon?, It would
be darn close, I guarantee you my hand would be on it, at the least, and I
would suggest that to think an officer would act in any other way is to invite
a real bad day on yourself. Police Officers must not wait and see where
firearms are concerned, to wait is to die. Take the dam things off, you will
upset some (bad publicity) and others will take it as a possible threat - a
dummy weapon looks real, that's what the idea of them usually is.
Roger Roy
Australia