Re: [MV] Moron Alert!

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:38:14 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Robertson <tankdriv@gte.net>
To: William R. Benson <Benson@plg.com>; SBJohnston@aol.com <SBJohnston@aol.com>
Cc: Mil-Veh@skylee.com <Mil-Veh@skylee.com>
Date: 14 July 1999 21:04
Subject: RE: [MV] Moron Alert!

>. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .but I've always wondered
how close I
>come to getting wasted.

Here in the UK this is highly unlikely as 99.9% and 44/100ths of the officers
don't have the wherewithal, however. . . . .

> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I now cover the .50 on the M20 and the
cannon and
>machine guns on the M5A1 with the military covers even on the trailer when I
>haul them. It helps protect them and looks pretty good anyway. Also better
>safe then sorry.

We could not approach a high profile building in a private, "armed" MV anyway as
guns whatever they might be, replica or de-mil, must be covered and disassembled
in a public place and the law regards 10yds (or whatever it is now in metre
things) either side of the highway to be a public place, you would get pulled
first for a check-out and warning.

A decent canvas cover protects from large amounts of negative publicity and
endless aggravation together with being a handy anti-weather device.

Richard
(Southampton UK)