Re: [MV] Push the envelope! (Formerly Moron Alert!)

Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:09:44 -0700

Go Texas! (and Vermont, and the handful of other states that still believe
the 2nd amendment means just what it says). I believe you are absolutely
right in making a connection between the limits of those rights and future
MV restrictions (i.e. Form 6).

I like the quote posted earlier by David Brubaker:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin
Nov 11 1755, from the Pennsylvania Assembly

We need to be engaged with our communities as owners of these machines.
I've seen Ferret owners on the list who have offered the use of their
vehicles if the local police run into a situation that would need it. Enter
your trucks in parades. Give the neighborhood kids a ride. Etc.

We need to be proud of conserving our heritage, not apologetic. And,
although it might be easier in the current political climate to separate the
weapons from the trucks that carried them into battle, we need to be proud
of that aspect also. Those scary looking guns have all to often had to be
used to preserve the other freedoms we hold dear. People need to be
reminded of that, not just the daily sound bites about what crime "they"
caused.

Chris Davis
'52 M37
MVPA #20000
Lake Forest, CA

>As a former fighter pilot, I bridle at anyone who would restrict my rights.
>
>Here in Texas, it is perfectly legal to carry whatever long gun one
>wishes --
>including machine guns.
>
>I believe in exercising rights. Use it or lose it. If you are afraid of
>running a military vehicle around legally with a dummy gun, then you ARE
>PART OF
>THE PROBLEM!
<snip>