Re: [MV] Push the envelope! (Formerly Moron Alert!)

Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:41:38 -0700

>could you point out to us a situation that would warrent the police in
>an armored vechicle with a machine gun ???

Well, there were two bank robbers right here in LA not so long ago... full
autos and body armor. After a time (don't know how long exactly, but not
right away) the police found a Brinks truck to use to get their wounded out,
but I'm sure they would have like to be able to return fire.

But I'll agree that this is a very isolated incident, and the need for an
armored car isn't going to come up often. My point was to be engaged. Let
the local police know who you are and that you're on their side.

> just curious.......... and
>why would someone want to drive around with a live machine gun anyway
>??? isn't it enough that we are relitavely free compared to some parts
>of the world without jepordizing those freedoms ???
>tom

As for this point, I just can't agree. Folks in China are RELATIVELY free
compared to folks in prison. I want to be REALLY free, not relatively free.
I think that's why those people left England a few hundred years ago.

Chris Davis
'52 M37
MVPA #20000
Lake Forest, CA