Re: [MV] Push the envelope! (Formerly Moron Alert!)

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:14:20 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Davis <cdavis@webworldinc.com>
To: tomb@ccpl.carr.org <tomb@ccpl.carr.org>
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 15 July 1999 23:53
Subject: Re: [MV] Push the envelope! (Formerly Moron Alert!)

>>could you point out to us a situation that would warrent the police in
>>an armored vechicle with a machine gun ???
>
>Well, there were two bank robbers right here in LA not so long ago... full
>autos and body armor. After a time (don't know how long exactly, but not
>right away) the police found a Brinks truck to use to get their wounded out,
>but I'm sure they would have like to be able to return fire.

One of the LA County police jurisdiction does have a FV1611(A) (up-armoured
Humber Pig) in official service and I have the newspaper articles referring to
its service in rescuing downed officers and breaking sieges; several other
jurisdiction are apparently considering them too, a very, very cheap and
effective tool. They are available here at just 850UKP (thats about 1445 US) I
see.

Richard
(Southampton UK)