Re: [MV] Armoured Police Vehicles

Steve L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:24:56 -0500

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:14:11 -0400 "Norman Preston III" <stickman@qx.net>
writes:
>The Police are using these types of vehicles and other "military"
>technology/tactics in response to criminals who are much better armed
>and
>much more violent than they used to be. While I don't believe in gun
>control or restrictions on my enjoyment of military vehicles, I do
>support
>the police, especially state and local authorites. I hav found that
>most
>"bad cop" stories are the result of a liberal media reporting on only
>one
>side of the story. This is not the forum for discussing police
>practices,
>but I have read this thread with some interest and finaly felt
>compelled to
>write something.
> Like most posters have said, the individual police officer is
>almost
>always more interested in looking at the MV than in trying to jam the
>owner
>up
>
>Norm
**** I also have been watching this thread with interest and have found
myself biting my lip instead of replying to some of the things said. As
a Law Enforcement Officer with over 12 years experience in 2 different
states I believe "je" may have seen too many distorted media shows and
has the wrong information on how these vehicles can be used to aid
citizens. The local police have a "peacekeeper" MV and the Chief drove
it in the St. Patricks Day parade. I drove my M38A1. I complimented him
on their vehicle as it had been sidelined with carb problems until
recently. He said "yeah, its neat. We still have the best piece of
Armor in town, Don't we ?" "Of course........ So far" I told him.
Steve