Re: [MV] Jeep (WW2) shackle bracket oversize

Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:51:50 +1000 (EST)

> I just replaced the rear springs on my 42 GPW along with the pins and
> shackles. One frame shackle mount is oversize and the new shackle just
> slides in. The previous owner let the loose shackle bounce around in there
> for too long.
> Is there any sort of kit to rebuild/rebush this? Short of replacing the
> mount, what can be done? I am looking for a kit/etc as opposed to just
> measuring a good one and having a bushing custom made for it.

I'm not sure about obtaining them where you are, but my parts supplier sold
me reproductions of the threaded bushing part, just off the shelf. I simply
cut the old ones out of the original GPW shackle mountings and welded them in.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au