Re: [MV] humvee sale

Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:01:31 -0500

Jason Rose wrote:

> Okay, question. If you get a bill of sale and form 97, what is to keep you
> from getting a title and registration to drive it on the road? Can anybody
> go in and buy these humvees, or are they limited only to Georgia licensed
> dealers? How much are they seeming to go for? Has anybody talked to
> anybody who has actually SEEN these or bought one?

Here's what I know: I was contacted by a guy named John about a month
ago regarding these and this is what he wrote:
-------------------------------
I have humvees for sale with form 97 and low miles in the mid twenties
price
range.
this is the first time for this and I need help with web advertising. I
know
what you are thinking, but give this a chance. you will hear about this
shortly from mvpa and mv mag. call drms in battle creek and they should
tell
you that there are some humvees
for sale in atlanta that are a special private sale and that they have
nothing to do with it. let me know if you are interested. by the way, I
really would like some cucv
blazers and duallys.
------------------------------

Later, these humvees were to be sold by an Atlanta humvee dealer. I
called this dealer and he said that although these did have form 97's,
they couldnt be licenced or titled, off road use only. I asked what
were the dates on the dates on the Form 97's, and he said that they were
from 1987 and 1993. The trucks are all the 2 door pickup truck type
model according to this dealer. Prices were given as a range from mid
twenties and up.

It looks like the owner of these trucks wants to move them quick since
now they are up for auction. I wonder if there will be any reserves on
these trucks when they are auctioned, and just what the
titleing/licensing options will be when purchased. Anyone else have any
info on this one?

My .02,

Andy
http://home.earthlink.net/~amichalski/cucvpage.htm