Re: [MV] HMMWV Auction-Form 97-For Off-road use only

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:00:04 -0500

>I have been told by a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and is also a
>"Dealer" that the Form 97 that comes with the HMMWV's to be auctioned on 11
>August have written on them "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY". He has already seen
>form 97's of some of those already sold. It is my understanding that it is a
>federal offense to try to title these otherwise.

So it's a tractor then! Put a SMV triangle on it and drive on the road but
under 25 mph!

Actually, I'd rather see this requirement than to have them all destroyed.
At least if you have one, the laws could always change down the road, if
they are destroyed, they are gone forever.

je