Re: [MV] Army cot

Robert D. Brooke (rdb18@csufresno.edu)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 22:12:14 -0700

You have a collapsible Army cot like I used to sleep on. I'm not 100%
sure, but I think Gold Seal was the brand name, and 1943 was the year
it was made. Cots like this were used by the Army, and after the war,
for civilian camping. I entered the Army in 1960, and we used them. I
think we used them in Boy Scouts in 1949 and 1950, using ones we got
at Army-Navy Surplus stores. It is all a little hazy, and perhaps a
student of WWII history can be more precise than I. I used to have a
couple, but I *think* the canvas tore, and I threw them out. I have a
barrel of old camping gear that I haven't opened for 25 years. Who
knows, my junk could be someone else's treasure!!!