Re: [MV] HMMWV Auction-Form 97-For Off-road use only

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:55:59 +0000

Blah...
>>Form 97 that comes with the HMMWV's to be auctioned on 11
>>August have written on them "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY". He has already seen
>>form 97's of some of those already sold. It is my understanding that it is a
>>federal offense to try to title these otherwise.
>
> So it's a tractor then! Put a SMV triangle on it and drive on the road but
> under 25 mph!

In texas, and a few other states you could get away with registering them as
a "Farm Vtruck" or "Farm Implement" I have a 1988 Chevy K2500 long bed 4x4
pickup truck that i use exclusivly for fire fighting/ search and rescue,
that i have registered as a "Farm Truck" which is about half the cost of
registering it as a normal non-commercial truck in texas

--
"Jaime A. Ponce de Leon" jaimepdl@elp.rr.com
Web Site Designer, Mad Rabbitt International