Re: [MV] HMMWV Auction-----No BS

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:01:57 +0000

>>It appears from the Manheim web site terms and conditions that the HMMWV
>>auction is restricted to dealers. Is there anything to contradict that
>>statement in the headline for the sale?
>>

> Manheim is a very large auction house who also works for GSA. In their big
> web site, it is clearly spelled out "DEALER'S ONLY" I don't know how much
> more it could be clearly spelled to mean anything else! It kind of reminds
> me of that sign: "What part of NO don't you understand!"

I think every manheim auction that i went to, required a dealer's permit
for admission, and to take delivery of the vehicle, One of the 2 times, i
simply paid a local dealer a cash commission to bid, and take delivery, the
other time, i had a friend of mine, who was a dealer go with me. They
allowed me to bid and pay in my name, as long as the dealer co-signed on the
bid