Re: Re(2): [MV] Auto-railer stuff

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:54:53 -0500

At 17:42 26/07/99 +0100, Gordon.W.I. McMillan wrote:
>Hi Ron, do I take it that it was a lash-up sort of thing, rather than a
>factory job ?
>
>I just wondered if there were any originals left....

Hi, Gordon,

My recollections are faint after nearly thirty years, but while I remember
the whole contraption looked old and unkept, the railway convertion did not
strike me as being anything but workman-like and well built.=20

And I think I would have noticed that at the time, as I was already in
railways and MVs then.

The poor condition I remember was probably due to the fact the
"Etablissement du Mat=E9riel" where I saw it, like the firing range next doo=
from which I saw it were due for demolition a year later (new road being
built there) and everything there was slowly dying down at the time.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

If someone annoys you, just turn the other cheek.
Nothing gets the message across like a good mooning.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --=20