Re: [MV] MVPA Elections\Current Trend

Tim Clark (glengar@bellatlantic.net)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:09:48 -0400

islander wrote:

> >Of course, someone could always run an ad in Military Vehicles.
>
> Rick, I think this is an excellent idea! I for one would donate the
> money that WOULD have gone to an MVPA membership to help cover the cost
> of the ad. Unfortunately, I have no time to make the ad myself (14hr
> days and NO restoration work in there either right now...). So, would
> anybody out there like to make up an ad and take up a collection for it?
> Full pager would be best.
>
> Once we have the ad together (if this happens!) I think it only fair that
> a copy be sent to Mr. Holland and the rest of the board before it is sent
> to MV Mag. This would be the "last chance" to come clean so to speak. I
> am sure that ALL of us just want the truth, so no need to go with the ad
> if the reasons come forth from them, even if under duress.
>
> Steve
>
> ===
YES! This is another great idea and I, too, would gladly contribute to
it in addition to my membership dues which, as I have said, we all
should continue so we can work from within.
I saw Jim Gilmore this past weekend at Median,OH show and he is planning
on continuing his efforts-- I strongly encouraged him to be as forceful
and "loud" as he could.
This "club" of "Good 'Ol Boys" at MVPA must be broken up. Lee Holland
and his gang of groupies OUT!
Although they may not be paid salaries, certaily their expenses are
reimbursed, so they get OUR $$$ for travel (1st Class?), lodging (Club
Room Memberships?) meals (Steaks and champagne every night?).
All us members need to demand an accounting of expenses for supporting
"our" Board for their meetings!
That would be a great thing to include in our M/V ad.....