Re: [MV] MVPA election facts

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:13:42 -0400

> I also said:
> >Guys, there are provisons for this in place, how about using them instead
of
> >spending time and energy bi..in'?

The start of any petition process is to get the word out. Educating people
as to what is happenning is essential to a democracy.

> Again, there is procedure in place to change bylaws, why not use it?

Who said it isn't being used? You are making a big assumption here. You
sound like you are offended by freedom of speech and cannot accept other
people's view points. Something is wrong with the process of elections in
the MVPA. You cannot expect members to blindly accept that Jim can run in
last year's election and be approved by the Board. He then questions what
he sees as irregularities. Then this year he is NOT FIT to run for
election. Come on now! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure
out what is going here. If the leadership is arrogant enough to hand select
who they think should be on the board and outright ignore requests for some
answers to questions about the process, who knows what else is going on. A
club is comprised of people. It is the people who make the club, not the
title of the club. I'm confident another democratic club could be started
and no one would know the difference.

Todd Paisley