Re: [MV] fuel pump conversion

Sean MacLennan (seanm@storm.ca)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:10:05 -0400 (EDT)

MVTrucker@aol.com writes:
> I had an A1 that was converted. The vacuum for the wipers was picked
> up via the intake manifold. Of course, acceleration slowed the wipers.
> How did you fellows that converted them tackle the wiper problem?
> Joe Young

I have an M38A1 with vacuum wipers. Make sure that the wipers have an
arm for moving the wipers manually. With very strong rain, and
especially snow, you have to "give the wipers a hand" once in a while.

While driving in snow, it basically goes

swish, swish, swish, whack

where whack is me hitting the arm. It becomes automatic after awhile,
like remembering to turn off the turn signal.

Sean

--
Sean MacLennan                A bad day running Linux,
Ottawa, Canada                Is better than a good day running windoze.