Re: [MV] Historic Military Vehicle Importation

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:49:50 -0400

Well, that is the reason I am a member of the EAA... and not a member of the
MVPA. Like I said before, you spend a lot of money and don't get any
lobbying capability or even a developed national promotion of your hobby.
You get efforts at public promotion like car crushing, and squabbles at the
top. I stand by my assertion about the true nature of the club- an old
mens' marching and chowder club. (No offense to old men- age and WISDOM
really do have my profound respect)

Hey, maybe we can get the EAA to sponsor a national club devoted to military
vehicles! They'd probably welcome the dollars, and this would only be
contiguous with the present trend of popular interest in the WWII era-
example Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's WWII weekend.