RE: [MV] Military crawler tractor and blade

Keith, Steve (Steve.Keith@compaq.com)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:42:48 -0500

In Fred Crimson's tracked book, there is a picture of an Emico (I think that
is the spelling) rear engined dozer from the 60's I believe.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: KBYRDDBYRD@aol.com [mailto:KBYRDDBYRD@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 1999 12:44 PM
To: Mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Military crawler tractor and blade

A couple of years ago I knew where there was a bulldozer with an unusual
design. This one had the operator sitting behind the blade with the engine
behind him. I don't remember what branch of service the data plate listed,
but I want to remember USAF. The only other one I ever saw was in a picture
of some Marines using one in Vietnam. I've often wondered what was the
significance of this design, did it have a specific use? This tractor has
since been moved, don't know where. Just curious!
Keith (TN.)
10 Mules