Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:14:10 -0500

>..... But as long as anyone can sue Uncle
>Sam for big bucks for product liability, regardless of one's
>ability or not to operate such product, we all will be facing
>that situation: law suits and court costs will be more money
>to pay off to litigants and their lawyers than the sale of
>Surplus Mil-Vehs to the public will bring to Uncle Sam's
>coffers.

Not necessarily. According to Gerry Spence in one of his books (I forget
which one) he says that (here in the US) something like 80% of these high
price liability awards are thrown out on appeal. How many law suites were
there involving the M151 that actually had a large award? How many of
those actually got the award or settled for something??? My guess is close
to zero. It's all a smoke screen, like everything.

>OK...don't flame me...burn the soap box instead.

Oh no, never... I'm going to need your help when I get that XA!!!

je