Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 07:35:54 -0400

At 10:48 06/08/99 +0200, Lars-Uwe Rudek wrote:

>Since April 1999 we have a new legislation in Germany on civil registration
>of former vehicles used by forces, police, fire brigades etc...It is a
>nightmare !

Sad, but undestandable in the light of German history:

A you do not have a _long_ unbroken tradition of democratic government.

B Those in power stille remember the civil unrest of the twenties-thirties,
and are worried lest they can be charged with not doing their utmost to
ensure it cannot happen again.

One possible way round your problem; would it not be feasible to :

- Take your ex-mil vehicle west to France, and have it registered there,
in the name of a friendly local who will be (for a time) the legal owner.

- "Buy" it back, and bring it back into Germany.

It will by then be a civilian vehicle, with civilian French documents,
coming from another country of the EU, and you should have less problems.

"-And how do you know he is the King ?"
"-He is the only one who is not covered in shit."
-- Monty Python, the Holy Grail
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --