Re:UNCLAS//N1124//re:[MV]ImportMV's

Jon Shoop (shoop19@idt.net)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 10:25:34 -0500

At 07:26 AM 8/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/5/99 2:54:56 PM EST, acompin@earthlink.net writes:
>
><<
> I am convinced that restoring and owning Military Vehicles has
> nothing, but NOTHING to do with the right to bear arms. I
> believe that associationg ourselves AS A GROUP, OR CLUB with the
> politics of the NRA is dangerous and irresponsible: >>
>
>Maybe not..............
>What it does have to do with is RIGHTS.
>They are now trying to take away the RIGHT to own and preserve military
>vehicles.
>You are telling us to give them the ability, by our silence, to limit or
>abolish the RIGHT to bear arms.
>Next, you will be losing the RIGHT to speak up for or against any of it.
>And when you lose the right to speech, you lose the right to think, and
then,
>you will have lost it all.
>The countries we were brought up in have nothing to do with the beliefs we
>were encouraged to foster. Believing in freedom of speech, in the right to
>bear arms, in the search for life, liberty and the persuit of happiness are
>ingrained in all of us who were given a natural-born thought process. It is
>why people came to this country 200 years ago, it is why they still come to
>us today.
>Thank God we can still find individuals and groups willing to speak
>up......... for themselves, for us, and for all those who cannot yet speak
>for themselves.
>Any time you will give up a right, you will have destroyed someones hard-won
>dream. Any time you destroy a dream, you create a nightmare.
>Believe what you will, even those of us who disagree with your belief will
>defend to the death your right to believe it.
>Hopefully, we will have something left to defend it with.
>Laura

Laura......

I agree....I find no Right to own Military Vehicles....in the Bill of
Rights.............but I do see one giving the Right to Keep and Bear
Arms........to the PEOPLE.....you and me!.......

How many of you will fight for that right....?....or sit idly by, while
your rights are slowly whittled away....one by one.......then finding it is
too late.

I would think there are few who would lay it all down to defend it...

gee......I wonder what the majority thought of Jefferson and Washington,
and Adams........as the Revolutionary War was about to
unfold.......Unpopular??? Possibly? A small minority fought it.....while
the majority sat it out...sympathizing with the King.................

Jon
just my rant..................

.