Re:UNCLAS//N1124//re:[MV]ImportMV's

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:00:01 -0500

>I agree....I find no Right to own Military Vehicles....in the Bill of
>Rights.............but I do see one giving the Right to Keep and Bear
>Arms........to the PEOPLE.....you and me!.......

You have this backwards. The government does not grant rights to anyone or
anything (talking about the USA here) The constitution is a contract signed
by the people authorizing the government to exhist and specifying what it
(the government) will be allowed to do. Yes, there is no right under the
constitution to own any particular vehicle, but more importantly , there is
no authority granted to the feds to interfere with that ownership.

je