Re: UNCLAS//N11240//Re: [MV] Import/MV's

Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 20:04:06 +0200

In 16.00 06/08/99 +0000, hai scritto:
it was one of the
>provisions of the French Code de la Route when the lights were changed,
>older vehicles were exempt from the new measure;

well, when a couple of years ago I bought my MB, I had to go inside italian
laws to re-register the MB, sold as truck by surplus US camps (ARAR) to
civilians in 1955, to make it "car".

as per italian laws, gratefully to ASI (automoto club storico italiano)
www.imvcc.it ,old storic vehicles can keep almost all accessories, like
reflectors , that are not allowed on modern cars.

also exeption in gas pollution, safety belts and lights are granted.

you just HAVE to add, permanently, turn indication lights.

manufacturer data to pass the autorities tests are granted from ASI.

also in italy you have to demonstrate the braking effectiveness (also the
stationery...big problem in a jeep..) and the noise level (never above 2000
rpm during the test ..;-)))))

with a storic vehicle plate, you are exempted from annual fees.

maurizio
| | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
/\__----__/\ http://space.tin.it/io/maurbere
/_/()||||()\_\ http://members.xoom.com/pierino
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| I - Milan 20155 ICQ # 8438805
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228