Re: [MV] best year of M-35a2 to get?

Patricia Gibbons (wa6ube@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:53:43 -0700

Kerry Vanderzalm wrote:

> I am looking to buy an M-35A2
> Are any years or engines better than the others and why?
> Are these trucks reliable enough to take on long adventure type trips
> such as Mexico or Central America?
> Has anyone here ever done it?
> I hope to equip one with camping gear and take my son on an adventure.
> It is important that we have a heavy-duty BUT reliable vehicle.
> I was thinking that the M-35s would be easy to get spare parts for.
> Am I correct?
> I am open to any advice.
> I don't want to perminantly alter or damage the truck.
> I was thinking of possibly bolting or strapping an axleless camping trailer
> to the bed and sort of making a moter home/camper from hell.
> What do you think?
> Is this the right truck for such a task?
> Thanks for any help.
> Kerry
>
> Kerry
>
> ===

How about finding a TSC-60(v9) equipment shelter for your deuce
and a half, put windows in it and have the ultimate motorhome ??

--

Patricia E. Gibbons Acting Chief Communications Technician City of San Jose - ITD/communications <http://www.qrz.com/i2.html?callsign=wa6ube&form_name=callsign> ...................................... My Public Key is available at: <http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F> Key ID: 0xEDECB44F This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!