Re: [MV] Ford M151A2

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:14:41 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Burke <julianb@esper.com>
To: Military Chat Group <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Monday, August 09, 1999 4:03 PM
Subject: [MV] Ford M151A2

>Can any of you tell me if the VIN # 25LB117139947 is the correct number
>for a 1970 Ford M151A2? I thank you and as usual I will respond off list
to all responders.

>All of the Ford VIN numbers that I have seen start: 02 XX (2 letters
>here-different for different productions) XX71 (4 numbers here-last 2 are
>the year model) - (dash here and then a 5 digit VIN number) Here is a
>legitimate VIN number for a Ford M151A2: 02LT 5671-40674. I still have
>many VIN data plates for Ford M151A2's if anyone needs one. $40 pp. Year
>models available are 1970 and 1971. Your jeep nut, Julian Burke
=====================================
Dear Julian:

Good question. The only serial number I have seen for a MUTT M151A2 is
02KG847137050. Two numbers, two letters and nine more numbers. So. although
the letter sequence is out, the combination of numbers/letters/numbers in
the exact secquence and quantity suggests that it IS indeed a serial (VIN)
number. Perhaps Ford or AMG could help?

In Canada, although we have many restored MUTTs they are almost all without
the original data plates which the government removed at the time of sale. I
shall pass the word on the availability of the plates. Where in the world
are you in and which dollars? U.S., Canadian, Australian, or ... ?

Although you are a jeep nut (as am I), I see that you ALSO like the jeep's
very distant cousin, the MUTT.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
Owner of a 1944 Willys MB and 2 BSA folding airborne bikes
MVPA Member # 954 & Western Command Chapter Editor &
OC B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net