[MV] D-DAY COLOUR FOOTAGE & Beard...

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:19:41 +0200

At 08.27 11/08/99 +0100, NIGE wrote:

>I think you may be much more interested to know about the >film footage I
saw yesterday

>But lots of retired people live here and a local film >collector
acquired>from a resident some unique colour >footage taken in WW2 before
and during>Normandy

>He put all the reels together (the Imperial war museum >say to
their>knowledge it is the only colour footage of >the British D Day
landings) and held a premier in the >local cinema here.

>All in all an amazing film show....
>
>There is also a shot of a british soldier on King beach >with a full
beard.....this I believe can only be the >Beachmaster whom i believe by
some>quaint Kings >regulation was allowed to wear a beard. Any one know
>about this?

Nige!

YES! It was in the film "The Longest Day" too!! I remember it! The
Beachmaster on the beach, there was a
Bren Carrier which want not start and also Sean Connery... I am sure that
you will remember it!

>and its also available on video.If anyone wishes to get >hold of a copy,
contact me direct and I will send you the >mans details.

>NIGE

Yes! I am interersted in the video: how much will it cost? Wich lenght
does it have?

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.