Re: [MV] #19 Wireless Set

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:56:27 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: T. Hintopoulos <hint@northnet.org>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 11 August 1999 18:19
Subject: [MV] #19 Wireless Set

Hi Ted and the august listers,

>Any listers into MV radios:

Hmmm, sort of. . . . .

>Am looking for a manual for the #19 Wireless Set also called
>the MARK (I II III) set. It is a WW2 tranceiver: 2-8MHz and 230 MHz range.

I think you might have misunderstood the nomenclature of the 19 set which was
originally produced with 2.5 - 6.25MHz and 230 - 240 MHz and called WS19 Mk I.

The freq range was increased to 2 - 8MHz in the WS Mk II and further
improvements resulted in the WS 19 Mk III version.

The set was very successful and fitted into just about every MV imaginable, from
its first introduction in 1941, the 19 set was used up to the mid 50's.

>I'll be at TOBY, PA this weekend and remember a vendor there, last year, had
>said he may have such a manual. I lost my info of him.

Volume 2 of Wireless for the Warrior by Louis Meulstee (ISBN 1898805 10 5)
covers the 19 set, 19 set Canadian and control equipment in 182 pages of great
detail including the technical/service data. This book is only available from
the publishers direct I believe and covers all the standard W.W.II
British/Canadian radio equipment.

Richard
(Southampton UK)