Re: [MV] Good Ole Antoine wants out! (off-list please!)

Antoine Compin (acompin@earthlink.net)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:14:44 -0700

Laura, please note the things below: you went public, I exercise
my right of public rebuttal. Once again, not my choice. And I do
want "Out" !

ONE- After I said I was going off-list with the topic in
question, a few days ago, I got broadsided on-list in some
personal ways that required a public on-line response. Not my
choice.
(Note in particular my PS. to Mr. Dillard, which you
deliberately omitted in your quoting:
>"PS: why address this message to the list when it really
should"
>"be addressed to me personally?")

TWO- One of my postings crossed paths with protests from several
listees in particular Nigel Hay whom I respect greatly.
Immediately I posted a "cease-and-desist" note, trying to bring
this whole thread off-line. You should know that the exact times
when the postings appear on the list are not necessarily
consistent with the time at which they are sent.

THREE- You seem to be now the only one not following this
exodus: I am carrying the discussion off-line with several other
interested parties. You can join if you wish.

FOUR- Yes, I want to be able to identify my interlocutors - my
privilege - I want to know if I am talking to a bona-fide
mil-veh collector or a wannabe or a looky-loo.

FIVE- Yes, I was surprised by the emotional tone of the debate
and found myself sucked in and responding in kind. Not good!
Except that when I see children getting mowed down by bursts
from an UZI, I am not too inclined to listen to the usual lame
party line, a.k.a "guns are tools" or"inanimate objects",
"people kill, not guns" , "______"(your favorite argument there)

Regards,
Antoine

1943 Willys MB & '44 MBT