Re: [MV] D-DAY COLOUR FOOTAGE

Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:17:56 +0100

Hi Geoff

I've already spoken to the chap who produces it - via Nigel - he's selling
copies (approx 30mins of D-Day footage, with 15 mins of something else) -
these have already been sold through Navy-News, and he's been dealing with
the Imperial War Museum... though not to sell it. The Video's cost 14.99 GBP
each inclusive of postage and packing in the UK.... well worth it I'm sure
for unseen colour footage of the British Sector.

And I strongly AGREE - sight unseen at Nigel's recommendation - this should
be properly marketed - I'm sure there's sufficient market out there.... I
could already sell around 5 copies without having seen it yet. I'm sure
there are a few Normandy Museums who'd jump for a copy.

However if the Imperial War Museum get a copy, they'll probably try to
copyright it and sell it themselves....

Regards

Tim
----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Winnington-Ball <whiskey@netwave.ca>
To: NIGEL HAY <Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc: <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: 11 August 1999 15:50
Subject: Re: [MV] D-DAY COLOUR FOOTAGE

Nigel, it sounds MAGNIFICENT! If it IS available on VHS tape, could you
perhaps post details regarding ordering, price etc?

If they're serious about marketing good professional copies, I'll
consider pushing it through my site. Maybe why don't you as well, on
MILWEB?

Geoff

NIGEL HAY wrote:
....I think you may be much more interested to know about the film
footage I saw yesterday...

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://jump.to/mapleleafup ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~