Re: [MV] Need assistance on a G7107 1-1/2 ton 4wd chevy

R. Hungerford (4rbar@pdnt.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:42:04 -0500

This is great. So much help I don't know where to start thankin. Anyway,
thanks.

Now to shed somemore light on the truck. The only number I could find is:
3NJ09-xxxx that is on a metal plaque screwed to the dash. Couldn't find any
number on the frame rails but didn't remove all the paint, may be there, but
a lot of metal is showing through the paint.

Couldn't find any type of emergency brake on the tranny, xfer, or on the
rear axle. Couldn't even find location attachments. The instrument cluster
is the speedo and 4 other guages, not a unit.

When we were hauling it up from West Texas a guy at a rest area mentioned
that the shocks were of the old hydralic style and were on early 40 models.
The motor is chevy and has chevrolet on the valve cover from one end to the
other like the typical older small block valve covers (283, 265). Not even
sure what the cu in is on the motor - 235?

I have found one identical to it on the web at
http://www.ftmac.org/truck1.htm

but mine isn't quite as nice.

I know I've rambled enough and want to thank everyone of yawl who replied.
I'll check into several of the leads.

Thanks again

Richard Hungerford
74 FJ40, 1.5 ton 4wd chevy
Mahomet, IL
4rbar@pdnt.com
"Makin' it in life is kinda like bustin' broncs:
you're gonna get thrown a lot. The simple secret
is to keep gettin' back on" , Texas Bix Bender