Re: [MV] Re-enactment and MVs

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:45:39 -0400

At 11:50 19/08/99 -0400, JOHN SEIDTS wrote:
>Re-enacting and living history is an
>important part of private military vehicle collecting and restoration. It
>is an excellent way to participate in public events and get positive 'face
>time' with the average citizen to teach them we are not all white
>supremacist gun-toting idiots.

John,

This _may_ be true where you live, but you _should not_ try to go anywhere
in Europe in a Wehrmacht vehicle dressed as a Wehrmacht soldier.
There are still too many people around who remember their country being
occupied during the last war.

Which is probably why the club I belonged to in France, which did not do
any re-enactment or commemorative activities, gathered all the owners of
German vehicles ;-)

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay