Re:[MV] GPW Antenna Question

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:01:35 +0100

>Where is the correct or typical place to locate the antenna base?

>On the drivers rear quarter panel over the star? (The base sticks out quite
>a bit)

As I recall from the manuals I have there were a couple of different
antennae used. Typically they were placed above the right rear wheel wheel
as you note. The radio mounts vary with the type of radio. On my 43GPW I
have a BC620 which should be mounted on an FT250 shock mount behind the
driver with the controls facing into the jeep. (But the prior owner put in
on the right side...and the antenna too...mounted on an olive drab 1X12
board).

BC620's are not too hard to come by...BUT FT250'S !?!??!?...I am still
looking! If anyone has one let me know!

* Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD *
* Department of Medicine *
* The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio *
* 7703 Floyd Curl Drive *
* San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900 *
* (210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu *