RE: [MV] My apologies

Frank Robertson (tankdriv@gte.net)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:08:52 -0500

http://home1.gte.net/tankdriv/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com [mailto:owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com]On
Behalf Of Gordon W. Bell
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 7:30 AM
To: MV
Subject: [MV] My apologies

Group,

I posted a message last night asking if there were groups out there who
concentrated on Korean and Vietnam era re-enacting and living history
displays. Much as many are involved in Civil War and W.W.II events with
their vehicles.

Based on the "Flame" mail I have received obviously, I number of you
feel that this NOT the appropriate place for such a question.

I did not mean to offend any one. I have enjoyed this group a great deal
and learned a great deal about MV's. I now have Korean War vintage M-43
ambulance. And as oppose to having the thing set there, occasionally
driving it in a parade or two each year, I was wondering f there is any
groups out there who concentrate on living histories of the Korean and
Vietnam conflicts. I personally feel this and appropriate question for a
Military vehicle group but, I have been wrong before.

In reflection on the replies I have received for this post and innocent
question. I think that I shall unsubscribe from this group. I am going
to think it over for a day or two as I do not want to do anything in
haste or anger but.... I am, for the first time in many months since
joining, disappointed in this group and don't know if I want to be a
part of it.

Please accept my apologies for the original post, no offense was meant.
If I do remain subscribed to the group please be assured that the only
questions I shall ask are of the nature of, "How many turns of the screw
driver are correct for mounting a ----------- on the finder of my M-XX?"

Disappointed, but still Respectfully Submitted,

Gordon W. Bell