Re: [MV] Sheetmetal/Body Panel Question

fv74@altavista.net
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:22:19 -0400 (EDT)

Mike

If you are repairing a frame, 18 gauge is too thin. You need 1/8 inch thick sheet metal for that. 18 gauge is probably OK for the tub, I used 16 gauge for mine. My mig welder was not very good when I ran into really thin base metal, I found that brazing was much easier. Brazing with a TIG is best, I used an oxy-acetylene torch set with good results. Fumes from galvanized metal can damage your brain, so don't sniff them. Remember with welding KEEP IT CLEAN!!!

Dave Fillman
45MB