Re: [MV] real paint

Jon Shoop (shoop19@idt.net)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:52:14 -0500

At 01:09 AM 8/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi List:
> On CARC paint. I got my paint from the govt. contractor direct. It
>is the same as they sell to the govt. They will mix any color code you
>want, Drawback is smallest quantity is 3 gal. kits $175.oo a gal.
>You will need to know what color code you want. I got 34102 USMC
>Gunship Green (just liked it) I know it's pricey, but the real thing
>always is. Other info: Pigmented Polyester Resin MIL-PRF-85285C, Type
>I, (MIL-C-85285B)
>Deft Chemical Coatings,Irvine,California
>8010-01-336-3036 03-GN-240 BASE
>3:1 ratio shelf life 2 years
>good luck........Dave Roberts

Guys,

I have talked to several of you about this CARC paint. I too have a contact
with a government contractor, here in the midwest. I am having them make up
a batch of the 383 Green and earth brown and black. This will be fresh poly
material and activator. It will be VERY reasonable...they are putting
prices together for me in 1 gallon kits.

Was supposed to have it wrapped up last week but my connection was out ill.
I should be posting prices on Monday or Tuesday.

They will also price, top quality, acrylic paint as well....that will be
very long lasting....also in the Flat colors......

Stand by,,,,,,it will be worth the wait.

Remember, when painting with CARC...you need the proper filter mask, rated
for the material you are spraying. Good coveralls and gloves too. Better
yet...a closed supplied air hood........and mask.

The same goes for any paint vapors......

CARC is the best, longest lasting paint you can get. Goes over enamel, or
old CARC...if it is solid and clean....best job when you strip to bare
metal, use an epoxy primer and shoot the CARC..

Jon