Re: [MV] repair or replace 5 gal. cans

dave.reed@dol.net
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:42:36 -0400

Hi Everett and all...
I sell a gas tank sealer for mil vehicles that puts a CPVC
plastic coating inside the tank or can. You dump a pint or quart
into the dry tank, rotate it around to coat the inside of the tank and
drain the balance back into the can for further re use. In a day or
two you have a white hard coating inside the tank that is
impervious to alcohol, gasoline, diesel, water, antifreeze, oil and
about all liquids except MEK, THF and acetone. Since the
product contains MEK It is not recommended to use it for potable
water as some of the solvent may take a long time to dissapate.
I used it on my 1943 R-4 Caterpillar cable dozer that uncle sam
overhauled in Germany in 1952 and shipped back to the states
many years back. The sealer is a good way to save rare and
expensive to replace tanks such as on tracked vehicles, mules,
and rare wheeled vehicles. I also use it to seal cork carb floats
and cracked brass floats that are hard to replace. I also use it to
seal up freeze cracked engine blocks and cast radiator tanks by
painting it right on the crack. It seals up the weeping weld repairs
that usually leak when repairing cast iron. I have been selling
this product to the restorers of antique tractors and farm engines
for over ten years and have helped save many tanks. Cost is
about $21.45 postpaid in the US per quart. A quart will do a 50+
gallon size easily.
I am online at: http://www.dol.net/~dave.reed/otto.html
Let me know if I can give you any more information.
Thanks,
Dave Reed
1937 M4A4? Ordinance tracked gun tractor S/N 4
1941? Crossley two cylinder 4WD "jeep" prototype
1943 Cat R-4 military cable blade dozer
7+ industrial Case military tug tractors 1943-1954
4 Case wheeled cranes 1942-1952
WW2 pole trailer
WW2 radio shelter for deuce
WW2 generators and other stuff...