Re: [MV] MRE's

islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:57:33 -0400

>Yeah, you love them. Nice enriched fat and protein meals. Let's see how
>you all love them when you've had to eat them for 22 days straight. Try it-
>I guarantee you'll be cured of MRE's.

I don't doubt it. But if you ate anything for 22 days straight you'd
hate it too. Just read about WWII rations and the complaints were the
same. More than a week of cold rations and everybody thought that
getting shot in the stomach would perhaps be a better dinner :-)

When I've gone camping with friends they usually are eating $6 freeze
dried crap (from LL Bean probably) that looks and tastes like one of
those instant cups of soup (no matter what the package says). And for
that $6 the soup-crap is ALL they get for their money. Me? When I open
up one of my MREs they look at me as if I am some kind of gourmet. In
the end I am pleasantly full with my 2k+ calorie dinner and they are
still quite hungry. And my meal only cost me $4.50 total. I'd take this
deal any day.

Oh, and I do this while riding in my Weasel of course (got to keep
Aurthur happy <g>)

Steve