Re: [MV] M35 distributor

T. Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:43:13

>Now there is no spark. Have replaced points and condenser, cap and
>rotor. 24 volts is getting to the
>coil resistor in the distributor, from the resistor there is only 5
>volts getting to the coil.
>Tried switching coil resistors, and had only 4 + volts to coil. How
>much voltage should be
>getting to the coil? Any Ideas what the problem could be? If the coil
>resistor is bypassed
>what would burn up first? Any help would be appreciated.

The points.
It almost looks like your coil is shorted.
On the M211, the resistor and coil were both about 1.5 ohms.
Just sitting there with power on, engine not running the coil should
have about 1/2 of the supply voltage....12 volts.

With power applied, manually open the points. You should have
a heck of a good arc, 1/2 inch and better.

The M211 and gas M35 are so close "ELECTRICALLY" as to distributor
components, that this is what I would expect to see.

Hope this helps.

Ted Hintopoulos