Re: [MV] Hard top M37 & club in BC, CANADA

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:48:13 -0700

HARD TOP M37s
Pop up north of the 49th Parallel. Canada's M37s were hard top, as were our
2-1/2 tons (M135 etc.). Ironically a couple of local collectors have taken
off the hard top and put soft tops on their M37CDN trucks! On Canadian M37's
engine is slightly larger I believe than US production - I';m sure there are
lots of Dodge fanatics out there. A friend in the Vancouver, BC area has a
cheap (i.e. needs LOTS of work) hardcab M37. There are more around. We used
them until early 1970s in our Army. Of course your cheapest otion - if you
have a soft-top M37 now, is to simply buy a hard cab in Canada off one of
the guyes who went soft in the head ... I mean cab.

CLUB
We have a club in British Columbia called WESTERN COMMAND MILITARY VEHICLE
HISTORICAL SOCIETY (WCMVHS) or "Western Command" for short. We are a chapter
of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association. We hosted the
international convention in 1983 in Vancouver BC and are putting a proposal
together for the MVPA board for the near future. I was the founding Chairman
back in 1977 and am currently the Editor of our newsletter MAPLE LEAF UP
(not to me confused with the excellent new forum on the web at
http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/8624). Western Command does not have a web
site yet, so mine will do for now as a link.
Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net