Re: [MV] Columbus, Ohio- Wright Patterson AFB

ET =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lance=2DG=F3mez?= (etlance@execpc.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:09:56 -0500

Due to work, I travel occasionally to Dayton, OH, and just by chance I always have some time before my flite leaves and somehow the Museum
is on the way to the airport. Well, it happened again this Tue.

I spent 3 hrs mostly at the annex (they call it now the Presidential Aircraft and Experimetal Hangers). Dave is correct. There is a SR71A
in the new hanger at the main museum and a YF12 at the annex. The WWI is a Standard Model B and, though I am no expert on this period, it
looks very nicely done. They also have nxt to it a late '30s aircraft starter truck. The F117A is in the new hanger that houses the late
WWII and modern aircraft. You can even sit in an F4 cockpit (front and back) as well as an F16 cockpit. I don't know anywhere else where
one can see this level of aircraft, this close.

For those of you who like WWII aircraft, there is a JU88, nicknamed the pencil I believe, in the annex.

Sorry, if I rambled, but there is so much to see and do. I recommend that you plan a vacation around the museum.
TED