Re: [MV] Kroil?

buzz@softcom.net
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:15:05 GMT

Dave,
I've been using it for years and seems to work given enough time and the =
rust
isn't too severe. It does also help remove rusty bolts once you get them =
moving
even a little. I think that it helps to free the nut or bolt at the =
mating
surfaces.
I once took some old rusted bolts, that I found in a rusty coffee can, =
and soaked
them each in a different penetrating oil for a week. I then cleaned them
thoroughly and cut each bolt longitudinally to see what the oils did. =
The result
was about the same on all of them. The first few threads showed some oil=
residue
but nothing in the center off the nut. I continue to use Kroil as my =
wife and I
both like the smell.
Buzz