Fw: [MV] Sorry, server was down

Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:32:34 -0400

Hi Listers:

NOW HEAR THIS--- ALL LISTERS MAN YOUR KEYBOARDS---- THIS IS NOT A
DRILL!!!!!

All you MVPA members, Its time to stand up and be counted.
Below is an email I sent today to HQ. As members its our duty to tell them
what we think is important to us. Asking them to supply assistance to Arthur
in a formal manner is in no way an attempt to try and control the list but
is an attempt to acknowledge his defacto " Daddy" of our hobbies " List # 1
" status. I for one am thrilled that this forum exists at all. The phrase '
The road to hell is based on good intentions' comes to mind concerning
Arthurs effort ( however his sanity comes into question when you think why
he would have wanted to do it in the first place ;-) ).
And to both our MVPA brothers and our non MVPA associates, How about
cash donations to Arthur to maintain the lists equipment? Where else do you
turn at 2000 local on a Sat. Night with a vexing problem and get answers by
0800 on Sunday? The sun never sets on mil-veh@skylee.com. It has bailed my
but out several times and allowed the restoration process to stumble along
in an appearance of progress. And what the PRICELESS Archives? And NO
annoying blinking banners and windows within windows. Ya don't know how good
something is until its gone. I hope we don't find out!!!
Now get out there and stroke the
keyboards for Arthurs AND ALL OUR sakes!!!
Regards, Ron
Oh my God , I posted my last name)

MVPA 18999

MVMVC MA#40
PS Does anyone know if spell check is available to OE 5.0? I'm not really
a cretin, I just play one on the Internet. ;-)