[MV] RE:Sheetmetal/Body Panel Question

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 09:49:24 +0200

bellum schrieb:
> Hi
>
> The best way in my opinion to patch holes when you have a MIG
> is holding a piece of brass over the hole and just weld from the
> other side, because the weld won't stick to the brass.
> And then just grind off.
>

> John Laurent. Sweden

Indeed. That's the way I've patched many "surplus" holes in the
hull of my Kettenkrad. Works fine. It works best, when your sheet
metal with the hole is horizontally and you can put the brass under
the hole and weld from the top. Other positions work too, but a bit
more difficult.

Use a thick piece of brass (or copper), minimum thickness is 1/4",
better 1/2" or more.

Best regards from Germany
Andreas