RE: [MV]brake bleeders

fv74@altavista.net
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

Steve

Tapping, heat and Kroil all help with stuck brake bleeders. Use a 6 point socket first, a vice grip next if the socket slips. When all else fails and you brake off the bleeder, you can carefully drill it out in a drill press. Select the appropriate size drills, so as not to damage the seat and threads. In a pinch you can bleed by loosening the brake line. You may not get all of the air out, but the brakes should be serviceable until you can perform a permanent repair. I always use Neverseize on the threads when I reinstall the bleeders.

Dave Fillman
45 MB