Re: [MV] M43 and generator questions

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 12:35:53 -0500

Bryan wrote,
>I have a couple of questions about 28 volt power jacks. On the M35's
>they have a connector on the outside just behind the passenger side
>door for hooking up a cable for 28 volts. Does the M37 and M43 series
>have the same type connector?

The same unit (called the slave receptacle) is used on the M-37/43 although
the length of the cable leads from the battery may be different.

Also, is there a military convertor to
>convert the 28 volts to 120 VAC?

Yes, there is a motor/generator for converting 24v to 120v ac.
You will find them in the radio shelters that fit in the back of the
M-37/880/CUCV and 6x6 trucks.

>I just bought a couple of 3KW military generators from DRMO and need
>the TM for it. The TM number I have is TM 5-2805-203.

I have a large selection of generator set manuals available
including the one for your set. The TM number you have listed is for the
motor only. The manual for the gen set is TM 5-6115-271-14.
If anyone else on the list needs gen TM's contact me off list.

--Jim