Re: [MV] MVPA session MG's

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:07:12 -0400

Sorry, but I agree 100% with Jon here... my partner is busy restoring
what will be the only complete and running Canadian Fox armoured car of
SEVEN KNOWN IN THE WORLD... it was armed with a .50 and a .30 in its
turret... does this mean I can't ask questions about replicating its
legitimate armament? I could get really snide here, but this is a hell
of a lot different than trying to discuss something an infantry
re-enactor might want to run around the bush with.

If I were to suddenly announce I've acquired a significant piece of WW2
armour, am I not allowed to ask about what I might do to replicate ITS
armament? Hey, a friend ended up with a 6pdr AT gun, almost complete, a
few years ago... is THIS verboten too? What about the guy looking for
info on how to create Vickers K-guns for his soon-to-be SAS jeep
restoration?

Bottom line: if it was designed or intended to carried one in combat
it's a valid topic. Tell me different!

It seems to me if a whole seminar at the convention was devoted to the
topic, it might make some sense to probe the highlights here, for the
benefit of those who couldn't attend. Or was the convention 'out of
order' for discussing weapons?

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://jump.to/mapleleafup ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~