Re: [MV] M series Radio Mounts

mblair1@home.net
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 00:21:05 -0700

bob@campingworld.com (Bob Klein) wrote:
> I forgot to mention that these Radio Mounts are NOS. They are new but
> the boxes have been opened. Everything is there. Shipping is from
> Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Hey, here's an unsolicited referral:

I bought one of these mount kits from Bob. The outer box was pretty
trashed by the time it got to me, but everything inside was just fine.
These kits are just what you need to stick VRC-12-series radios in
your HMMWV, and most of the parts are usable on other trucks, too
(pretty much everything except the shelf that bolts onto the HMMWV's
engine/tranny hump).

Damn, now I need to save up for a HMMWV to attach to a set of mounts
for a radio set I don't have yet... talk about putting the cart before
the horse. :-)

If y'all aren't familiar with the radio set that goes on these mounts,
I'm sure that folks on the list can help you figure out what
additional pieces need to be added to complete the radio installation
(basically, two radios, one antenna/tuner, and some cables; the kit
has all of the mounts, one of the antennas, and some of the cables). I
don't actually have any of this generation of radio gear other than
the kit, but I have manuals and can look up stuff if somebody more
knowledgable than me isn't around. I don't want to copy the manuals,
before you ask... the stack is many inches thick, with zillions of big
foldouts.

These radios mostly like to be in recent vehicles (that is, vehicles
under about 30 years old or so), but were installed in older vehicles
such as the M37 at times. I have a scanned installation manual for one
of many such radio set installations on my webpage.

Disclaimer: I don't get anything out of this, other than satisfaction
in knowing that more folks will be installing the right radios in
their MVs the right way.

P.S.: Can't wait for that DRMO bid opening... cantwaitcantwaitcantwait...

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/