Re: [MV] M38 question carb question

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:08:27 -0400

At 14:06 03/09/99 EDT, SBJohnston@aol.com wrote:
>John wrote
>>seeps out very slowly where the fuel line goes into
>>the carb, but I do not see any threads or anything
>
>On my M38 with the Carter YS carb, the fuel line-to-carb connection is a
>flared line/inlet seat compression fitting with a nut around the line to
>tighten the flare into the seat (like a metal brake line). I've had some
>seepage when the flare on the end of the line was deformed a bit (out of
>round) and did not seat snugly into the inlet of the carb.
>
>Teflon tape or putty would probably not do the job if the leak is at this
>point, since the seal is where the fuel line meets the inlet, not the
>threaded part.

It will if you put the PTFE tape, not on the thread, but roll it into a
string and wind a few turns round the pipe, between the flare and the nut.

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay

There is a basic mental weakness evidenced by anyone
who would blame a tool for the foibles of its wielder.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --