Re: [MV] M35 Registration in CA

mblair1@home.net
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 20:49:45 -0700

Randyb777@aol.com wrote:
> If this was mentioned in a previous post I didn't notice it.
> I just purchased a M37B1 a few months a go and inquired at the DMV about a
> one day permit. Along with everything that everyone else has told you, you
> will need proof of current insurance.

Oh, great, this'll be a pain in the butt. I only have twenty days to
get the truck off the base (and I want to move it as quickly as
possible, before any more parts start disappearing...), but first I
need to mail photographs to the insurance company (many folks have
recommended J.C. Taylor) and get proof of insurance, and also get the
form 97 into my hot little hands, before I can stand in line at the
DMV to get the permit I need to go have the truck towed off the base,
and the base is a 2-hour drive away from me in each direction... it's
a good thing I have lots of vacation time stored up! Now I understand
why more people don't get their trucks for cheap from the DRMO; most
of us have to work for a living! :-)

Are there any ways to shorten this process?

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/